My short stories have been published in Toasted Cheese Literary Journal , Big Pulp, The Flash Fiction Offensive, The Binnacle Ultra-Short Edition, Concisely Magazine, 5×5 Magazine, and Vine Leaves Literary Journal, among others.
I achieved one of my long-time writing goals and sold a story to Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine. It appeared in their February 2014 issue.
My vignette, “Ten Items or Less,” was chosen by Vine Leaves Literary Journal as one of their best pieces of 2013 and appeared in their anthology.
My short story, “Puddings,” was chosen by The Binnacle Ultra-Short Competition as their top prize-winner for prose poetry and nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
My short story, “A Kiss and Makeup,” was nominated by Big Pulp for a Micro Award.
- I work as a librarian and find being surrounded by books both intimidating and inspiring.
- I will challenge anyone to a game of Clue – any time, anywhere.
- When I was growing up, I wanted to be Trixie Belden.
- I have seen Ghostbusters more than a thousand times, and I both fear and long for irrefutable evidence of the paranormal.
- I miss Veronica Mars more than seems healthy.
- I am gluten-free out of necessity, not because of a diet fad.
Someday I will own and renovate an old house, travel the world, and eat warm rolls at a restaurant again.
Today I will write a novel.